Shloka Mehta is in the headlines all of a sudden. If the sources are to be believed Mukesh Ambani's eldest son Akash and Shloka Mehta are going to tie knots very soon.
"Shloka is a very charming girl, extremely cultured and its difficult to say which of the two families is lucky with this upcoming marriage," said the family friend, requesting anonymity.
Many in close business and family circles have already been unofficially "congratulating" them, but they have been waving them off and asking them "to wait for everything to finalise before we give you a party" the person added while speaking to IANS.
Who is Shloka Mehta?
1. Shloka is the youngest daughter of Russell Mehta, Managing Director, Rosy Blue India, one of the country's leading diamond companies.
2. Russel (Shloka's father) is the son of Arunkumar Ramniklal M., one of the co-founders of B Arunkumar & Co., way back in 1960 in Opera House, Mumbai's hub of diamond business.
3. Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta are alumni of the famed Dhirubhai Ambani International School (DAIS), in the Bandra Kurla Complex here.
4. On her part, post-schooling at DAIS in 2009, Shloka left for the US to study anthropology at Princeton University and later completed her Masters in Law from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
5. While Akash is on the board of Reliance Jio, Shloka is a Director with Rosy Blue Foundation and is a co-founder of ConnectFor, an organisation that helps NGOs get volunteers for various causes.
6. Shloka is the youngest of three siblings of Russell Mehta and Mona, who is a close relative of the controversial diamantaire Nirav Modi.
Family member of both the families declined to comment anything related to the news of Anant and Shloka's wedding. It would be one of the big fat Indian wedding. Even if it is a luxurious destination wedding we will definitely see Indian traditions and rituals.