The problem of dark circles under the lower eyelids are common in men and women. They make you appear older than you are. Dark circles can be difficult to get rid of.
Dark circles can affect anyone, dark circles are most common in people who are elderly or have a genetic predisposition to this condition.
There are a number of factors that can lead to the development of dark circles under the eyes. Even if you’ve developed dark circles and are worried you’re going to be stuck with them forever, don’t be.
In most cases, you do not require medical attention. Read these useful home remedies that will help you get rid of your dark circles for good.
5 Home remedies that will help you to get rid of dark circles are as follows:
1. Almond Oil
Almond oil can help to lighten the dark circlesAlmond oil is the most recommended oil when it comes to dark circles. It is a completely natural ingredient that benefits skin around your eyes.
Almond oil lighten your dark circles. For better result combine almond oil with vitamin E oil and apply on your dark circles and have a drastic result.
Steps how to use Almond Oil:
• First, apply some almond oil over your dark circles and massage it gently into the skin.
• Leave the Almond oil for overnight.
• Wash it off with cold water in the morning.
• Repeat this process every day until you get rid of dark circles.
Cucumber slices work best to reduce swelling and dark circles when chilled.Cucumber is good for skin as much as it is good for your health. In most of the movies and daily soaps, you must have seen women relaxing in a spa with cucumber slices on their eyes?
Well, there’s a valid reason beyond gloss. Cucumber has skin-lightening and mildly astringent properties, they are completely equipped to fix those racoon eyes. They are soothing and refreshing too.
Steps how to use cucumber:
• At the very first cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill it for about 30 minutes.
• Place those cucumber slices on the dark circles for about 10 minutes.
• After that wash the area thoroughly with water.
• Repeat this process twice a day for one week and get amazing results.
3. Raw Potato
The coldness of the potato also helps to reduce swelling and inflammationRaw potatoes contain vital natural bleaching agents which help in lighten dark circles and reduce excess puffiness around your eyes.
Steps how to use potato:
• Grate a couple of chilled potatoes and extract the juice.
• Soak a cotton ball in the potato juice and place it on your closed eyes.
• Make sure that the potato juice covers the dark circles entirely.
• Allow the potato juice to sit for about 15 minutes.
• After that rinse your eyelids well with cool water.
• Repeat this process for once or twice daily for 2 - 3 weeks to see results.
4. Rose Water
Rose water rejuvenate the skin but also has skin lightening qualitiesRosewater is considered as one of the most important beauty products.
Rose water contains mild astringent properties that not only rejuvenates skin and reduces dark circles but also has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its astringent properties, it also works as a skin toner.
Steps how to use Rose Water:
• Soak cotton eye pads in rose water for a few minutes.
• After that place the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
• Leave the soaked pads for about 15 minutes.
• Follow this remedy twice daily for 2 - 3 weeks to see hilarious results.
They have bleaching properties that can remove your dark circles in no timeTomato is a fruit that’s used as a vegetable. Tomato is known to naturally possess powerful bleaching properties that can lighten skin very effectively.
Steps how to use Rose Water
• Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one and a half teaspoon of lemon juice.
• Apply this juice gently on your dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
• After that rinse it off well with cool water.
• For better result try this remedy twice a day for 2 - 3 weeks.