Adorning your eyes with proper makeup will not only make you look pretty but also give a perk to your overall persona. But when it comes to eye makeup, women often lack proper knowledge about how to apply eye makeup. And, how to use liner, mascara and eyeshadow to get the most desirable results. However, if you know the right eye makeup techniques then you can make your eyes look beautiful. There are a few beauty tricks that you can use enhance the looks of your eyes.
Below steps will help you know how to do an eye makeup to get those gorgeous looking eyes.
Step 1: Apply concealer to the dark areas around eyes
First and foremost step of how to apply eye makeup should focus to even out the eye area. Apply concealer and spread it evenly with your finger pad or a concealer brush to the dark areas around your eyes. However, if you have a perfect and non-bluish skin then you can congratulate yourself and skip this step and directly move on to the next one.
- Take three dots of concealer and put under each eye. Then spread it starting from the inner corner where the eye skin tends to be darkest, moving under to the pupil and then spreading it on the outer edge
- Remember that you should always pat, and not rub, with your ring finger (this finger has softest pad) and continue to pat till the concealer gets absorbed into the skin
- If you have dark circles around your eyes, you might have to go a step further to cover dark under eye circles.
Step 2: Prime those lids
- We all know that we prime a wall before we paint it. Similarly, we need to prime our face before we apply makeup on it. Applying prime will make your makeup last longer. The secret of how to do eye makeup and keeping the eye shadow in place for hours is to prime the eye shadow. Eye base will allow the shadow to be in place when you workout or move through rains, laugh or cry vehemently, or when you go for a good night's sleep
- Several branded primers are available in the markets that you can choose from. To use it, you just need to apply a dot on each lid and then blend it properly.
Step 3: Line the eyes
- If you love 'no makeup look' during daytime, you can simply skip this step. But if you want nicely lined eyes, follow the step. Liners make the eyes look distinct and enhance their beauty
- Many women use a liquid liner or an eye pencil to line their eyes. We would suggest you to use dark eye shadows as eyeliners. You can use a slanted brush to make the lines. Wet the brush a little and dip in a dark eyeshadow and draw eye lines. You should use eyeliner as close to the upper lashes as possible, from the inner to the outer corner
- Use liner on your bottom eyes and if you don't want a prominent line then you can smudge the bottom line with the help of your finger tip
- If you want smokey eye effect then use a brush to pat a dark eye shadow along the upper and lower lids.
Step 4: Swipe of eye shadow
- Eye shadow works wonder in covering up veins in your lids and thus help make you eyes pop and look bright. For daytime, you can use just a basic light shadow on your lid and absolutely nothing else. One of the most recommended eyeshadows is Stila's Kitten that would fetch you many complements for your beautiful eyes. You can easily get this eye shadow online
- To highlight your eyes, you can try a three-toned eye shadow palette and build it from lids to eye brow. You can also mix eye shadow with each other like a rainbow easily. First, you should start with a light colour that is almost similar to the colour of your eye lid. Sweep the colour across the lid up to the brow bone. Use a medium colour across your lid and then use a darker colour on it in the crease. Finally, blend the colours properly.
Step 5: Highlight the inner eye
- This trick is very useful and makes your eyes look bright and beautiful all the time
- To highlight your eyes, you need to put a bit of light eyeshadow in the inner corner of your eye. This will brighten up your eyes significantly. Dap a finger in your lightest eye shadow and then press it into the inner corner of your eye where the eyelids meet. This will make your eyes 'pop' up exceptionally.
- Highlighting your eye shadow is one of the most important tasks in applying eye makeup. You should highlight your brows with the same light eye shadow you used for the inner eyes. Apply eye shadow with your finger concentrating on your mid-brow outwards and spread it with your finger.
Step 7: Curl your lashes
- The next step is to curl your eye lashes. Curling your eyelashes will make long lashes even more gorgeous. To get a powerful effect, heat the curler with a blow dryer for a couple of seconds.
Step 8: Apply mascara
- The final stage of wearing eye makeup is applying mascara to your eyes. Place the wand of your mascara brush at the bottom of lashes and move back and forth.
- Apply mascara to the bottom lashes as well to make your eyes look great.