Stuck in a toxic relationship? Don't know what to do? First, you must recognise the essence of a good relation and also know how to move out of a toxic relationship.
Relationships are sensitive like budding blossoms; they needs proper care and nourishment. A little carelessness and ignorance towards a relation paves the way for difficulties. Struggling with a relationship can never be a solution. One must have the courage and learn how to move out of a toxic relationship.
We have five handy tips which will help you to judge and then move out of such failed and bad relationships:
1. Identify a toxic relationship: The foremost step is to identify that a relationship has taken a turn and reached a level where it should be ended. Human beings have many relationships, but here we are focusing mainly on romantic relationships. When it comes to professional or blood relations, we cannot end things easily. But when you are in a romantic liaison, you must know how to move out of a toxic relationship.
We select our better half to be happy and boost our self-esteem and meander through life with a partner. But once our relationship nurtures, we become a 'habit' to each other. Problems are there in every relation but we must try to realise when it is going overboard.
2. Stop making excuses: Being in a relationship is the loveliest feeling. A couple becomes so used to each other that they can't even imagine their life without each other. It becomes a practice of making compromises and at times, one of them crosses all the limits. There can be love but unwanted things like ill temper, disrespect, forceful sex and so on keeps cropping up. Petty issues can become major reasons of discomfort. Making excuses and trying to make things better is no solution. One must be resolute when you know that you are in a toxic relationship.
3. Have a clear vision: Clarity is the base of any successful relationship. Even if a relationship turns toxic and you need end it, a clear vision will come to your rescue. What do you want from a relationship? What makes you happy? What is that one thing which turns you off? Once you are clear about what exactly you want, you will know how to move out of a toxic relationship.
4. Accept your role: It is rightly said you need two hands to clap, so a toxic relationship is the consequence of both the partner's fault. For instance, if a man leads a reckless life without any discipline, the woman might wait out and not object initially. Later, however, it becomes the reason of all the troubles. So, the woman is equally at fault as she never made things clear beforehand. So, if you accept your role, it will be easy and peaceful to move out of a toxic relationship.
5. Seek positive social support: When you are stuck in a toxic relationship, you need to look for positivity outside. Self-respect and self-love is the ultimate strength. So, when you don't know how to move out of a toxic relationship you tend to have a low self-esteem. This time, focus on keeping positive people around you. You can also find positivity amidst nature, bring home a cuddly pet, visit good places in town, etc.
Relationships should be a reason of happiness. It should be the reason to smile and bring the best out of you. When you start losing the sheen and negativity curbs in, know that your relationship has failed. The earlier you recognise and accept the truth, the easier it is to know how to move out of a toxic relationship.