Relationships are delicate and need a lot of patience to nurture. But sometimes, in spite of all efforts, one is not satisfied. Cheating or betrayal can be the reason for breakups but sometimes one has to get out of a relationship even if there is love.
It is difficult to breakup with someone you still love but sometimes things are not right. But it is legitimate to leave someone if you feel that something is not 'right'. The person you love, maybe very nice, do nothing wrong but still, there are certain signs that tell you it's time to breakup.
One should not cling to someone who doesn't understand your values and has completely opposite frame of mind. It is very common to ignore all these when you are head over heels for someone but in the long run, it troubles you.
Here are signs it's time to breakup with someone you still love:
1. You discover the differences: If you do not share the same ideals, visions, dreams and ethics, the relationship tends to drift apart. But how do you breakup with someone you still love? Love can keep two people together, but for satisfaction and happiness in a relationship, compatibility matters a lot. Hence, if you feel the differences are too big to deal with, know that it is time to move on.
2. There is no happiness: Your partner maybe wonderful, magnificent, thoughtful, funny, but you're still not happy. Are you being too demanding and greedy? No, even if your partner is 'the perfect one' you may not find the amount or quality of happiness that you are looking for. Not being happy is not acceptable. You will not be able to save the relationship even if you have a strong bond of love.
3. Your partner is not your better half: Both the partners possess or lack certain qualities. But for a relationship to work, one needs to complete each other. Suppose you are attending a dance party, won't you expect your partner to give you company? What if your partner has two left feet? Still, if he or she shakes their leg with you just to make you happy, it is something very positive.
If you find yourself alone every time, know that your partner is not your better half. The skill doesn't matter but the effort does. Lack of effort is one of the most striking signs it's time to breakup with someone you still love.
4. You are losing yourself: In a relationship, you are expected to participate and share your partner's life. But how much or to what extent? In any healthy relationship, one is not expected to go beyond limits to make their partner happy. This may jeopardise with your individuality. If you feel you are losing yourself by sojourning to an unknown path, know it is time to take a U-turn. Nothing can justify losing oneself, not even love.
5. If you wish your partner was different: This desire or the very thought is not right. If you cannot love a person for who he or she is, you will never be able to make him/her happy. You do not deserve to remain in a relationship and keep dragging it. When you start craving for change, know that is one of the obvious signs it's time to breakup.
6. You are trying hard but failing: You could be going on trying to make things work as you have been advised or told by experienced people that any relationship demands a lot of patience and time. You may have discussions, you may even get some positive results, but all the problems resurface after a span of time. You must get the hint that these are deep-rooted issues that cannot be plucked out easily. Either you have to deal with it with long term plans to tackle the, or there is the option of breaking up. Do not regret the heartbreak as it will save you from a lot of sadness and pain.
7. You are not getting what you deserve: Apparently, you are in a nice and peaceful relationship. You have mastered the art of adjustment and you know how to handle your emotions. These are great ingredients to stir up a great relationship. But we are still taking about a breakup, and no, we haven't gone bonkers! You must be honest with yourself and admit the unrest below the calm surface of your emotions. Each one of us deserves all the happiness we are capable of.
You will keep getting one or the other signs if you are in a toxic relationship. Sooner or later, you must address the signs it's time to breakup with someone you still love.