A hectic lifestyle, busy work life and a long list of responsibilities makes it difficult for anyone to stay healthy. To be healthy doesn't only mean staying fit physically, but mentally and emotionally too. Reworking your diet and daily routine would let you live a healthier lifestyle. Being healthy is a process that involves time, efforts and commitment. Following health tips for a healthier body would make you fit - physically, mentally and emotionally.
Making a fitness routine
1. Exercise regularly: Exercising daily makes you active throughout the day and is beneficial for your body. Regular exercising is one of the most important steps towards a healthy body and mind. It decreases the risk of type 2 diabetes and other heart problems.
- Choose an activity that's convenient to you. Go for brisk walking, jogging or cycling. Try zumba or high intensity dance classes. You do not need to join a gym; instead exercise in your bedroom using online videos. Doing twenty to thirty minutes of exercise a day can greatly improve your fitness levels in a noticeable way. This is one of the latest health tips for staying fit.
- Making some changes in your schedule can also help you in staying fit like you can choose stairs instead of the lift, taking your dog for long walks and parking your car away from home.
2.Join a weekly fitness class: You can also go for a weekly fitness class like yoga or any sports activity. Going to a fitness class in a week can give mental health a fresh boost and lead to high fitness results.
Having a healthy diet
1. Eat plenty of fruits and veggies: A healthy diet is full of nutrients and vitamins. Add spinach, carrot, blueberries and pineapple to your diet.
2. Add low-fat dairy products, lean meat and whole grain: As good as fruits, you need to add some other stuff to stay balanced. Choose lean meats, whole grains and low fat dairy products instead of high fat milk, cheese and meat. Brown bread and whole grains are better, if it's white means it has been processed.
3. Cut out processed junk: If it's in a package then it's not a super food for you. Health department doesn't recognise the food labels and phrases like "All Natural", "Pure" and "Additives Free". These are the claims that companies make without retribution.
4. Drink water: Stay hydrated and it will keep every part of your body healthy. With this, you can lose weight too. Drink purified water as tap water contains chlorine and fluoride which are not good for your health. Water flushes away metabolic wastes and toxins from your body.
5. Cook the right way: Go for raw vegetables, avoid frozen and canned veggies. Use the right kind of oils for cooking like olive or sunflower. Go for a lighter version of cheese, butter and spreads instead the ones that are full of fat. Avoid frying the foods. Cut your intake of salt and sugar as much as possible. This is one of the best health tips that can change your life.
6. Replace sugary drinks: Avoid soda, juice and alcohol as they are high on calories and low in nutrition. You can choose decaffeinated tea or add fresh fruit juice to your diet.
7. Don't skip breakfast: Researches have shown that those who skip breakfast usually overeat during the remainder of the day. Go for nutritious and protein rich breakfast like fresh fruit juice, eggs, low fat milk, black tea or coffee (without sugar).
8. Eating at planned times: Train your body to get a specific amount of calories for the whole day at scheduled intervals. Avoid mindless eating all the time. Snacking is not bad, go for a healthy diet. Go for healthy snacks like nuts and yogurt.
Improving your well-being
1. Start your day with meditation: To improve your overall well-being in five to ten minutes, begin your day with meditation. Meditation is one of the short health tips that reduces your stress levels and helps you feel calm and happy. It has many health benefits - from stress management to self awareness and a reduction in negative thinking. You can choose any of the meditation practices including Guided Meditation, Mindful Meditation and Transcended Meditation.
2. Try deep breathing exercises: Doing five to ten minutes of deep breathing exercises a day will help improve your energy levels. It is also known as Pranayama where you control breathing through deep breathing exercises.
- Start with some basic Pranayama breathing exercise where you breathe in and out through your nostrils
- Sit in a comfortable position and start doing Pranayama. Take a deep breath and inhale to the count of four
- Hold the breath for a second and then exhale
- Repeat the cycle for ten to fifteen times and you can extend it further accordingly
1. Quit smoking: Smoking is directly related to mouth cancer and lungs' problems, heart diseases, throat cancer, stroke and various other health problems. Talk to your doctor to quit smoking as he may help you quit with some health programmes or health tips. Ask your family and friends to support your decision as they too may help you to quit smoking.
2. Have safer sex: Engaging in unprotected sex may put you at the risk of pregnancy as well as sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Use latex condoms to reduce the risk of sexually transmitted diseases like HIV, Genital Warts and Herpes.
3. Stop drinking: Heavy drinking on a regular basis may lead to various health problems like heart failure, cancer and stroke. These have several negative effects.
4. Clear your anxious thoughts: Stress and anxiety are not good for mental well being. These affect your physical health too. Learn some strategies and quick health tips to clear your anxious thoughts. Consider practicing meditation to take your mind away from anxieties.
5. Think positively: Focusing on positive situations rather than negative scenarios helps improve your physical as well as mental health. Studies have shown that those who think positively are able to fight off illness like heart diseases better than those who think negatively.
Follow these simple and quick health tips to change your lifestyle and get a healthy body with healthy mind.