Every woman dreams of long, gorgeous and healthy hair tresses, but most of us have dull and lifeless hair. Your hair also needs special attention and care like your skin. Healthy hair can be difficult to achieve due to our hectic and modern lifestyle which also includes everyday stress and pollution. Proper hair care will help you achieve long, thick and healthy hair.
Hair care tips for women
If you are looking for long and healthy locks, here are a few hair care tips for women that they must follow in routine.
1. Don't use hair brush on wet hair as they are more prone to breakage. Use a wide-toothed comb to remove tangles.
2. Use hair serum for frizzy hair to moisturize. Use only a few drops of serum and apply it on the ends.
3. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking water. Always keep a water bottle with you while going out, watching or working.
4. Don't use harsh chemicals and heating treatments on your hair. Hair dyes, chlorine in swimming pool and permanent treatments like straightening or smoothening may damage them if done repeatedly.
5. Use shampoos with no sulphate, paraben and alcohol.
6. Use olive oil or coconut oil on damp hair.
7. Use oil, serum, spray etc for hair protection before heat styling.
8. Don't use hair ties with metallic ends as it breaks the hair.
9. Avoid high ponytails or other hairstyles that pull the hair tightly.
10. Use an old T-shirt to dry hair rather than a towel.
11. Trim hair every 6-8 weeks to avoid split ends. Do it yourself at home, cut at least 1 inch above the splits.
12. Often hair breakage occurs due to tight hairstyles. Try braiding hairstyle as it will be healthy for your hair.
13. Long hair is symbol of beauty and good health.
14. Use coconut oil for smooth hair. It can be used as a conditioner.
15. Apply almond oil overnight to make hair smooth and shiny.
16. Castor oil and mustard oil are also good for hair growth and help keep the scalp smooth.
17. Tea oil is perfect for hair shine and glow.
18. Apply curd, tea extracts and lemon hair mask for deep conditioning.
19. To get bouncy hair, apply apple cider vinegar. Apply vinegar mix with warm water to get bounce in hair.
20. Olive oil is best for split-ends.
21. Avoid hot water baths as it may make hair dry and brittle.
22. Eat proper diet for healthy hair.
23. Clean your hair regularly 2 to 3 times in a week.
24. Avoid exposing hair to excess sun and pollution.
25. Avocado is a fruit that has a number of benefits for hair and skin. Avocado is rich in Vitamin E and is best for thickening of hair. Mix it well with banana and two spoons of olive oil. Apply this hair mask on head and leave it for 30 minutes. Now wash your head with a mild shampoo.
26. Egg is suggested for use in long hair care tips for women. Hair requires adequate amount of protein to grow longer and thicker. Eggs are rich source of proteins. Beat the egg in a container and apply it on every strand from root to tip. Keep it for half an hour and then wash away with mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
27. Fenugreek seeds are perfect for hair and you can completely depend on them for hair care. These are perfect to stop hair fall and replace them with new growth. Take few seeds of fenugreek seeds and soak them in water overnight. Make a paste of this mixture and add two teaspoons of coconut milk to it. Mix it well and apply on hair as well as scalp for 30 minutes. Then wash with lukewarm water.
28. Traditionally, hair care tips for women emphasize on the use of Henna - herbal powder is considered best for hair growth. Mix henna leaves, amla, shikakai, reetha and mix them well. Mix this mixture with hot water and soak it overnight. Next morning you can add egg and yogurt to make a wonderful paste. This paste is effective for long, straight and thick hair. Apply this mixture on hair and leave for an hour. Now wash your head with mild shampoo.
29. Aloe Vera is invariably a part of healthy hair care tips suggested by dieticians. Take a leaf of aloe Vera and cut it from middle. Extract gel from it and apply it over your hair. This will restore the pH balance in the scalp. Wait for 30 minutes after applying and then wash your head. You can mix coconut oil to the gel for a wonderful effect. This remedy is perfect for dandruff and hair fall problems.
30. Eat proper diet and avoid stress.
These are best natural hair care tips for women that you can use regularly. These tips will make your hair look more attractive. Healthy diet also plays an important role in maintaining the health of hair. Eat lots of vitamins, vegetables, fiber rich foods and proteins. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated and maintain water levels. Mineral rich foods keep hair long and strong.
Natural hair care tips suggested by dieticians discourage you restricting to a particular diet, have good amount of milk, yogurt and eggs. Include Vitamin E in your hair care routine. Use it individually or mix with coconut oil and apply it to the scalp. Consult your doctor for Vitamin E tablets for hair growth.
Use homemade masks for hair nourishment. Last but not the least, avoid stress as it may lead to hair loss and make hair unhealthy. A proper 7 to 8 hours of sleep is also essential for hair growth and to keep your body healthy and fit.
Following the above hair care tips for women will ensure you have long, healthy and problem free hair.