The relation between Valentine's Day and the red colour is very old. People usually relate this colour to love. Wearing red is a common norm while going out with your Valentine. It feels good to flaunt red but when it comes to fashion, we can always experiment with our looks.
Tanvi Malik, Co-Founder at FabAlley, says that red is a great colour, but there are other unconventional colours and prints that can be explored to make the special day more exciting.
Here are some tips for Valentine's Day fashion:
1. Pastels: If you'd rather have a more relaxed and soothing Valentine's Day, choose pastels as your colour pantone. Vibrant colours make things bright and glamorous, but sometimes all you want is a low-key, soft look, and pastels make for a perfect pick.
2. All shades of purple: People love pink for Valentine's Day because it is feminine, delicate and pretty, but the same can be said about purple. This year, choose a spread of purples and violets to add an unusual touch to your Valentine's Day.
Natascha Tate, In-House Stylist at LimeRoad, also has some tips to share:
1. Blue valentine: A stunning blue dress can twist things up perfectly. A blue skater dress is simple yet stylish. Work it up with navy blue heels and black pearl earrings. Carry a nice black box clutch with it. For make-up, smokey eyes and neutral lip shade will work the best.
2. Ruffle romance: A black ruffled neck dress is a sexy thing to wear on a date night. Work it for the Valentine's Day with a pair of sky high stilettoes and an embellished clutch. Pout on a scarlet red lip shade and brighten things up with a mineral bronzer. For jewellery, you can go for simple silver drops or a nice accent bracelet.
Ritika Taneja, Senior Director- Categories at ShopClues, lists down her favourites:
1. Discovering new colours like shades of greys, whites, neons and florals, and styles like bell bottom pants and shirt, long cut sleeves jacket with a dress, maxi sheer dress, long pencil skirt with a ruffle top, hallmarks your presence and shake up the traditional conventions of wearing a red dress.
2. Accentuate the entire look with statement jewellery like crystal, bold neck pieces, metallic clutches and high heels.
Matteo Lambert, Chief Collection Manager at Bata India, lists down methods to add glamour to your footwear:
1. An effortless way to incorporate Valentine's feel into your outfit without overdoing it is to add a pop of colour to it.
2. Colour-block your footwear with your outfit -- Bordeaux sling-back heels with neutral pants, hot pink pumps with a white dress or scarlet ankle boots with a pair of denim. The trick is to have showstopper shoes! Match the bag with your shoes and wear silver or gold accessories for a chic look.
Valentine's Day fashion is all about red but this time you can break the. Take these expert suggestions and try out some unconventional colours and turn heads in the sea of people sporting red and black. Even in a theme party, you can combine red with the shade of your choice.
Try some purples and violets on Valentine's Day 2018 and surprise your Valentine.
(With PTI Inputs)