Fashion isn’t only about acquiring the big labels; it largely involves a part of being on a budget and with that look stylish.
And being a desi Indian girl, you have the fire to burn the stage with your fashion trick.
You can use your old stuff and make a stunning outfit for yourself. You can be counted a best when it comes to the jugaad game, you can, of course, be a winner.
You have the zeal to push out yourself and look great on a budget, you can be as fasheen as you want. There is nothing sexier than living a fashionable life on a budget.
In the old good days must have used many tricks to look good, something like – using clothing irons as hair straighteners.
And these are the tricks which are always loved and lived on.
Being a desi Indian, you know the typical “hack life” comes naturally to all of us. That like you can wear out anything and can be enormously proud of it.
So here are some of the well-known desi hacks that have come to every Indian girl’s rescue:
• When it comes to curls, then most of the girls opt the desi braids option, as nothing works better than it. The earnest choti-making skills works best, it is the coolest way to get party-ready curls with a simple braid
• Sometimes you are out of a hairspray? Does that really matter? Obviously not. Desi girls don’t care. You can use a toothbrush dipped in your hair gel will take the difficulties away. So from now onwards never throw away our old toothbrushes
• Oversized shirts are in trend. But you are out of money and you can’t take a trip to the mall. So simply rummage in your dads’/brothers’/boyfriends’ wardrobes for an old shirt. And this can be called as one’s a king-size jugaad
• You must have tried to tuck a flouncy dress into a skirt, and for that you can surely be called a desi girl. Never underestimate the chameleon-like power of a statement piece. If you can’t wear a single dress into three different ways, then you truly don't realise your potential
• Don't get to panic when your mascara get smudged, don't rub it with a cloth or towel. Just take a ear bud and dip it into moisturizer, apply it on the smudged area it will remove the mascara without affecting your makeup
• Eye creams are too conventional. And as you know nothing works better than cold spoons on puffy eyes. This hack never gets old. Frozen black chai bags work too!
• You are true masters of creative dressing, like – using swimsuits as party tops, leggings as petticoats, bodycon skirts as bandeaus, dupattas as sarongs, earrings as maantikaas, anklets as chokers, kurtas as dresses and the list continues!
Is there anything trick you haven’t done to look good? It's hard to remember. So there are a few Jugaadu tricks which are commonly used by desi girls to look good.