Brown is a neutral colour and most other colors complement brown eyes to some degree. Brown eyes are not limited to particular color palettes the way green or blue eyes are. Bold colors like dark purple, bright blues and metallic shades make brown eyes stand out.
If you want to accentuate yourself and are looking for the perfect wedding makeup for brown eyes that looks natural yet attractive, you should consider the most appropriate colors and the best makeup techniques to achieve this.
Check out these wedding makeup tips for women with brown eyes:
1. Prepare your eyes
- Clean the eyes: Use a soft tissue or cotton ball soaked in makeup remover to get rid of any trace of old make up from the eyes. Avoid using harsh soap or cleaner as eyes are very delicate areas. Clean the eyes gently with cold water. Make sure that skin is squeaky clean to brighten out your wedding makeup for brown eyes
- Prime your eyes: Use any sort of eye primer matching your skin tone. Primer is a must before putting on eye makeup as it creates a flawless base. Don't skip this step. Apply a dot on your fingertips and rub it gently over the lids. Use your ring finger as this puts the least amount of pressure on your delicate eye skin that can stretch and wrinkle easily
- Apply under eye concealer: Pick a concealer that is a few shades lighter than your skin tone. Apply it in a triangular shape rather than in a strip under your eyes
2. Apply eye shadow
- Choose an eye shadow for your wedding makeup that enhances your brown eyes. Fortunately, almost all colors work well with brown eyes but you can also try different palettes that match your face makeup. Don't be afraid to experiment with bold colors
a. Try royal blue or navy blue color for dark brown eyes as it will contrast beautifully with the brown color to stand out
b. Try variants of purple color if you have hints of hazel in your brown eyes
c. Use golden colors to add a sparkle to eyes
d. Choose a palette with at least three colors to create an unique eye shadow look
e. Matte version of metallic colors is also a great option for brown eyes wedding makeupf. Your skin undertone may be rosy (cool), golden (warm) or neutral. If you have rosy undertone, eye shadows with pink, red, blue and plum colors may look natural
- Outline the lid: Outline the lid with an eyeliner pencil and smudge it across entire eyelid with a brush
- Apply base shade to entire lid: No matter which color palette you have chosen, use the lightest shade as the base for your wedding look. Apply it with the help of an eye shadow brush on the entire lid.
- Brush a darker shade into the crease: Apply powder to the brush and simply follow the natural crease. Adding a darker color to the crease will create depth that will highlight the wedding makeup for brown eyes. Brush the colour into the crease, back and forth along your brow bone and from the outer corner to near the inner corner
- Apply the darkest shade to the outer corner: Adding the darkest color to the outer corner will open up the eyes and make them look bigger. Apply eye shadow in a triangular shape and blend it upwards
- Highlight the browbone: Highlight the brow bone with a very light shade. This can be either metallic or nude. A splash of golden eye shadow can make brown eyes pop wonderfully
- Clean up any fallout: If you have smudged and messy makeup along the bottom of the eyes, the beautiful brown color of the eyes won't pop. Dip a Q-tip or old sketch pen in makeup remover and gently blot away the messed up areas from the face
3. Add eyeliner and mascara
Similar to the eye shadow colour, brown eyes go well with any color of eyeliner and mascara. Different colors will accentuate them in different ways. You can try brown, black or experiment with vibrant and bold colors.
First, line your eyes and then apply mascara. Always use water proof eye makeup. Mascara enhances the lashes of your chocolaty eyes to put them on full display. For a more dramatic look, add a coat of mascara to the outer half of lower lashes. Apply 2 to 3 coats of mascara to the upper lashes.
Again, experiment with colors like purple, navy and emerald to accentuate the richness of wedding makeup for brown eyes. Use an eyelash curler to get more volume.