Picking wedding makeup is the hardest decision a bride makes after choosing the groom.
We know it's really difficult to make choices about the wedding makeup looks from so many style options available.
Wearing high makeup is one of the biggest blunders that brides make to match the magnitude of the event. Big mistake! Here are some tips to look beautiful on this special day. Stick to the natural wedding makeup ideas to look natural without wearing a heavy makeup.
A. How to apply natural wedding makeup
- Applying makeup to face:
- Clean your face: First determine your skin type and then cleanse the face with a makeup remover. Put some makeup remover on the cotton ball and rub it in small circles to remove old makeup. Exfoliate your skin if you have any skin problems like spots or blackheads. Cleanse tone and moisturize the face twice daily.
- Moisturising the face: Gently rub an oil free and unscented lotion on the skin. For a more natural wedding makeup look, use a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation.
- Apply concealer around the eyes and to any blemishes: Concealer should always be of exact same color of the skin. Be careful not to overdo it. Do it over the spot and not around.
- Apply a powder foundation to the oily parts of the skin: Before applying foundation, it's best to determine whether you are using right foundation or not. Get it checked in natural light to make sure it's matching your skin type. Dab a few marks of foundation on cheek and angle your face to different sides to check if the color matches. Take a sponge dab in foundation and apply it to the face, blending it to look like the skin tone. Be sure to underneath the jaw line for a natural wedding makeup as if you stop it at the edge of your face, you will see a clear line where the foundation ends and it will look like a face mask.
- Apply bronzer: Using bronzer is a great way to give your wedding makeup natural glow. Lightly brush it all over the face along with the cheek bones and T-zone for a natural appearance.
- Applying blush: Choose a soft pink or peach shade for natural look. Apply it gently over the apple of your cheeks towards temples with a fluffy blush.
B. Applying eye wedding makeup natural look
- Line the upper lash line with black, grey or brown color: Line your eyes with roasted-colored gel eyeliner for the wedding makeup natural look. Pencil looks less natural than gel or liquid liner.
- Use white eye-liner to make eyes appear larger: Line the inside corners of the eyes with white liner to give a brighter look to them. One can also add a bit of white liner just below the brow line to give a more natural look.
- Eye shadow: Always apply two shades of eye shadow for a professional look, you can choose from golden, brown or silver shades for the natural wedding makeup look depending upon the skin tone. Apply a light and neutral tone over the lid and above the crease line. Use slightly darker shades on top lid and to outline the crease. Blend all the colors for a natural wedding makeup look.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara: Curling the eyelashes will give a brighter and natural look. Put on one layer of mascara over the lashes if you want them to standout against the skin.
C. Apply natural shades of lipsticks for a natural look
- Apply a nude lip color: Avoid using shiny lip glosses and deeper colors of lipsticks. Use a color that is close to your natural lips shade. Your lipstick should be long lasting and natural as well. Muted colors like rose pink and peach shades are perfect for a natural look
- Dab a tiny amount of shimmering blush to the center of lips: Test this step first before moving out as some ladies do not like this look. Do what looks and feels best to you.
D. Best wedding makeup natural looks
Enjoy a fresh, natural and radiant wedding makeup look. Here are a couple of lovely natural wedding makeup looks for brides to try for the special event.
- Smokey eyes and nude lips: Try smoky eye look with light shades like golden, bronze and copper with a hint of lip gloss matching the color of your wedding dress. This is one of the perfect natural wedding makeup looks.
- Grey-brown touch to the eyelids: Play with two strokes of eyeliner for the lower lash line and smudge it. At the same time, apply mascara with grey color and brown eye shadow for the natural look.
- Beautiful berry look: Try subtly lined eyelids, soft pinky blushed cheeks and a wine colored lip color for a beautiful and natural berry look.
- Add drama to natural wedding makeup: Line the eyes from top and bottom. Add a bit of black shadow onto the lid for a sexy and smokey effect. Contour your cheeks with bronzer.
- Show off the natural beauty with a lighter look: keep your eyeliner more intense along the outer corners of the eyes and finish with a rosy pink shade on eyes and cheeks.
E. Neutral wedding makeup looks
Neutral makeup is the hottest trend among weddings all over the world as this makeup look is gorgeous for any type of wedding.
This is a good idea for the brides who want to try something light and simple. Keep the face natural and don't use too much blusher for a neutral wedding makeup look. Using neutral colors like brown and gold is a great idea for a natural and gorgeous look.
- "No makeup" makeup look: Pair a neutral taupe shade eye shadow with a taupe lipstick and a touch of blush for a neutral wedding makeup look. This look already brings a natural glow on the face because you are getting married. For a natural wedding makeup look, don't go too bright or too heavy.