Planning your wedding makeup requires preparing the skin, deciding the makeup artist and makeup trials. This process also involves how to do bridal makeup that is best suited to your skin.
Here are some makeup tips that will help you prepare your skin for the big day of your life.
1. Apply moisturiser: Before applying makeup, first wash off your face and then use a light moisturiser. Stay away from a harsh scrub and use a gentle exfoliating cleanser. For a natural looking beautiful skin, leave the moisturiser for 20 minutes before applying makeup.
2. Choose makeup colour: Beauty product companies offer different make up products for different skin tones. They use specific terminology to define skin tones like fair, medium or deep skin tone, and you need to choose a product best suited to your skin tone.3. Primer: Before applying bridal makeup, you must use primer. It will make your makeup last longer. A primer will help in smoothing the fine lines and wrinkles over your face. Use a small amount of primer and spread it evenly with your fingertips on your face and eyelids.
4. Foundation: The next step in prepping your face is to apply foundation. Most people think concealer goes on before foundation but it's wrong as per professionals.
Here are some tips on choosing the best foundation for your skin type.
- For a warm undertone, use a foundation with yellow or golden base
- For cool undertone, use a rosier, redder or blue base foundation
- To determine the perfect shade, dip a Q-tip in the foundation and use it to the centre of your jaw line. If it vanishes, then it's perfect for your skin tone
- Apply foundation in layers starting from the middle of your face, blending it outwards using a foundation brush
- Don't overdo as it will make your face look like a cake.
6. Apply highlighter: The purpose of highlighter is to enhance your facial features, like it will make your eyes look bigger and add glow to your face. Highlighters are available in both liquid and powder forms.
- If you are using liquid highlighter then start from the area close to your inner eye, go down towards your nostril and then up to your cheekbones, blending towards the temple. Do the same process above the eyebrows, down to the centre of your nose and then the centre of your forehead and chin.
- If using powder highlighter, brush it under your eyebrows, lightly in corners of your eyes and then on the top of your cheekbones. Avoid applying the highlighter under your eyes.
8. Blush: Whether you are using a cream blush or powder blush, first apply it on the apples of your cheeks and then blend it in upward direction towards your hairline.
- If you have fair skin with cool undertones then you can go for soft rose or baby pink colour
- And if you have warm undertones then look for brown or sun kissed apricot shade
- For medium skin with cool undertones, try cranberry or rosy pink. For warm undertones, keep it brown suede or deep coral
- Ladies with deep skin should go with shades of plums, raspberries and grapes.
- Add Colour to your eyes with eye shadow and liner: Experts don't recommend dark and smoky eyes for wedding. You must try brown, green and grey eyeliners for the top and bottom eyelids. A cream eye shadow lasts longer and is best used on lids. On the other side, powder eye shadow is best for use in the crease of your eyes. You must go for a highlighter in the corners of your eyes to make them look bigger
- If you have brown coloured eyes, you must go for purple and grey shades. For green eyes, try bronze shades, and navy or dark brown colour if you have blue eyes
- If you want to line your eyes with eye shadow then damp your brush in water and brush it in your eye shadow.
11. Lip Colour: Your lips also need to be moisturised before applying lip colour. You must use a lip hydrator to avoid cracks. Choose a colour of lipstick that complements your blush. Go for darker shades on your wedding day as it will give you a bold look. You must use a lip liner matching your lipstick. Skip the lip gloss option as it is not long lasting.
Last and the final step: "Who will do your makeup?" Take advice from friends and experts. You can also ask your wedding coordinator.
These are some best bridal makeup tips recommended for the best bridal makeup. You can also collect some images from internet and magazines to follow their makeup style. Identify what kind of makeup you want for your wedding day. Think about the looks that you have seen personally. You might remember the girl who looked amazing on her wedding day. Give her a call to ask for tips and the kind of makeup she used. If you are still confused about your perfect bridal makeup, you can always talk to experts. A trial is also a must prior to your wedding day.