Weight loss is something that has become a need today-not only because of the rising importance towards good presentation and looks, but also because people are getting more conscious regarding being unfit or carrying extra weight which can cause health issues.
However, because of our varying health factors, body structure or some genetic reasons, no two people can usually shed weight in the exact same way. Today, we bring you some vital tips and tricks one should follow while planning to lose weight but let me first take you to some problems that obesity brings.
Problems faced by obese people as compared to skinny ones:
1. Shopping becomes a big no, no! Every time you try something new, it takes the breath out of you, and you put in a long struggle to get into that perfect outfit of yours.
2. Free and unnecessary advice: You are advised by a lot of people about the do's and don'ts of eating and weight, especially by those who have recently lost weight and received the enlightenment of the way to getting a proper figure.
3. "Are you on a diet?" When you go out for lunch or dinner with your friends, you are expected to order a lot of food, and if you don't, then comes the most annoying question--are you on a diet?
4. When a skinny friend says she gained weight: Sometimes it feels like your friends are purposefully taunting you. When a really skinny friend of yours stands in front of the mirror and says "Oh my God! I have gained weight, I have become fat" you just want to throw a shoe at her.
5. You become a laughing stock: People are always laughing at you. Instead of noticing your talks, they always notice your weight and take you as a laughing stock.
6. "You are not fat, you are cute": Being fat or thin is an adjective that describes your bodily fat content and you need to never forget that women in general have more fat content that men do because of our curvy bits. When the whole world starts to convince you that you aren't fat but merely cute, you cannot help wondering if they are so scared you might take offence if they told you the truth.
These situations that an overweight or obese person faces in his/her day to day life can over time become psychologically traumatic. You may start taking yourself to be ugly and boring person, face an extreme loss of selfconfidence and even isolate yourself from others. Your sleeping and eating patterns will be wrecked which might cause even more weight gain and frustration.
Given below are some simple weight loss tips and tricks that will help you lose weight in a few days and get rid of your frustration:
1. Cut down your sugar intake: Cut down the amount of sugar in your meals and drinks as most of the fruits, vegetables and milk already contains the amount of sugar necessary for our body. Avoid sugar laden smoothies and juices from stalls.
2. Never go with canned or packed food: In order to maintain our diet we are habitual of buying packed or canned food which carry the tags of low or no-fat regardless of knowing the fact that these foods are also packed with sugar. Moreover the preservatives and chemicals that come with packages food are an additional stress on your health.
3. Remember, unsaturated fats are necessary for the body: Not all fats are bad; your body needs unsaturated fats and good sources are avocados, nuts, seeds, soymilk, tofu and fish.
4. Include these fruits, veggies and grains in your meals:
Fruits: strawberries, apples, plums, oranges, bananas and other berries
Vegetables: green lettuce, tomatoes, lemons, ice burg lettuce, normal and purple cabbage, broccoli, turnips and zucchini (try and buy all these things organic)
Whole grains: oatmeal, high fibre cereals, lentils with shell, brown rice and multi grain bread
For quick, healthy snacks, you can go for raw or steamed veggies or have good leafy or sprout salads with a drizzle of olive oil and dressing of mixed herbs and lemon juice.
5. Have green tea: Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and can be a good addition to your everyday intake. You can also substitute it with a glass of lukewarm water with a teaspoon of honey in the morning. This concoction that should be taken on an empty stomach helps to boost your body metabolism rate. You are less likely to store fat and it will burn faster.
6. Make small changes to increase physical activity: Take the stairs instead of the lift, get off from the bus one stop before your home and walk the distance, wipe on own floors on your haunches instead of keeping a maid or using a mop (this will burn your stomach fat), join your preferred office or neighbourhood sports group, replace your coffee break with a 10-minute walk, wash your car yourself, walk your dog, try gardening - these small changes in your life will go a long way in burning fat.
7. Develop hobbies to be physically active: Walking around in your free time or going for a morning or evening walk, dancing, cycling, playing games or sports like badminton, football or basketball will help you stay in shape and become fitter. Moreover, physical activity, especially though sports gives you an adrenalin rush, making you feel more pumped up and happier
8. Meditation and yoga: These two are the best stress busters and also help in maintaining your focus and reducing your weight as it calms your mind and doesn't allow any imbalance in hormones which can toggle your weight. You can begin with general forms like mindfulness meditation and boat pose yoga or seated forward yoga. There are numerous videos littered through the internet which will show the process. Just be careful that you check out only those coming from a credible source.
9. Drink a lot of water: Every move you make towards shedding weight has to do with your metabolism. Drinking a good amount of water, around 8 to 12 glasses a day, maintains your metabolism and also keeps your skin glowing.
Make sure you buy yourself a weighing machine to monitor the difference in you, So go ahead try all our weight loss tips and become fat to fit.