A balanced and healthy diet provides you all the nutrients that your body needs. It is important to stick to a balanced diet to stay healthy. Confused how to follow a healthy eating plan?
Here is a diet plan for women that they can follow to have a healthy body and mind.
Your bodily nutritional requirements depend on your age, sex and activity levels. Women require specific nutrients to stay healthy. Today many women are stuck between work and domestic chores. Eating healthy is one of the best ways to take care of yourself and your family. A healthy diet will give you energy for the whole day and help in weight maintenance too. Healthy food helps reduce PMS, stress, menopause problems and also boosts your fertility.
Proper guidance and nutritional ideas are required to maintain a balanced diet. Whatever your age is, adhering to a healthy diet plan will help you feel your best.
Good nutrition for women
When it comes to improving diet, it's important to understand that our body responds differently to different foods.
- Find the healthy diet with some experiments that works best for you. Focus on your overall eating pattern rather than obsessing on certain foods or nutrients
- Stick to fruits, green leafy vegetables, healthy fats and diet low in sugar. Avoid fried foods and refined carbohydrates. Eating protein rich foods will help you look beautiful at any age
1. Cut down on sugar and refined carbohydrates
Refined carbs such as white flour and white rice may lead to increase in blood sugar levels. These foods leave you felling hungry and make you prone to overeating.
Some women consume more refined carbs, but reduce the amounts of chocolates, candy and desserts. Do you know sugar is hidden in foods like canned soups and vegetables, pasta sauce, frozen foods and other foods with labels "low fat" and "reduced fat"? All these hidden sugar foods have zero nutritional value and lots of empty calories.
- Replace refined carbs with complex carbs: Go for oatmeal, brown bread, brown rice, fruits, vegetables and other fiber rich foods. By choosing these foods you will feel full and more satisfied
- Reduce sugar in your diet: Cutting sugar is one of the healthy diet plans for women that will make them lose weight
- Avoid soda, coffee and energy drinks: A single can of soda contains 10-12 teaspoons of sugar and around 150 calories. Soda and energy drinks contribute to weight gain. Try switching to lemon juice or a splash of fruit juice
2. Change your eating habits
In addition to limiting sugary foods and refined carbohydrates, eating habits plays an important role in controlling the craving for food. Following right eating habits will boost your energy levels and keep you energised throughout the day.
- Don't skip breakfast: A solid breakfast provides energy for the whole day and gets your metabolism going in the morning. Women who eat breakfast gain less weight than those who skip
- Eat regularly: Support your body's natural cycle of energy by eating a healthy breakfast, lunch, after lunch snacks and a light dinner. Giving long gaps between meals will make you feel tired and irritated
- Poly-saturated and mono-saturated fats are known as good fats. These fats are found in foods such as olive oil, avocado, seeds and nuts. Omega-3 fatty acid is a kind of poly-saturated fat that is found in fish and flax seeds. Consuming walnuts is also the best diet for women as they are rich in omega 3 fatty acids
- Trans fats are bad for health and increase the risk of heart diseases. These are found in baked foods, fried foods and packaged snack foods
- Eating saturated fats will lead to heart problems. Avoid eating processed meats and fried foods as they are rich in saturated fats. Choose organic or raw whole milk, yogurt and butter whenever possible
4. Focus on foods required for strong bones
Women are at high risk of osteoporosis, so they need calcium and magnesium in combination with Vitamin D to support the health of bones.
- Calcium: Dairy products, green leafy vegetables, tofu, cabbage, oatmeal, garlic, green beans and sea vegetables are good sources of calcium. These are essential for a woman to maintain bone health
- Magnesium: Calcium only works if it is taken in conjunction with magnesium. Broccoli, cucumber, green leafy vegetables, beans and a variety of seeds are rich sources of magnesium
- Vitamin D: You can get vitamin D directly from sunlight if you sit for half an hour in the every day
5. Add fiber in your diet for weight loss
Eating foods rich in fiber will lower the risk of diabetes and heart diseases. It will improve the health of your skin and help you lose weight.
- Fiber rich foods prevents insulin spikes that makes you feel drained and also craving for unhealthy foods
- Fiber stays in stomach for long time and helps you eat less. Choose a simple meal plan to stay fit
There are some don'ts to maintain a healthy diet plan for women. These are:
- Avoid excess alcohol and caffeine
- Limit the intake of red meat and egg yolks
- Avoid cold drinks
- Avoid excess salt and refined foods
- Maintain your diet regime and exercise regularly
- Eat smaller meals and drink a lot of water
- Avoid tea, coffee and alcohol
- Talk to some dietician for best diet plan for women. Choose food wisely and exercise regularly for best results.