Everyone desires to have healthy, thick, beautiful and shiny hair. Damaged hair will disappoint you but with a little care, you can get healthier and shinier hair. Using healthy washing habits, avoiding chemicals and eating a healthy diet will leave your hair to look healthy and beautiful.
No matter what your hair type is, check out these simple hair care tips for healthier, manageable and attractive hair.
Find out if your hair is healthy or not:
- Shine: If your hair is full of shine, this is the first sign that you have healthy hair. When the shaft of hair is smooth then they will shine and if the shaft is rough you will have brittle and damaged hair
- Smoothness: Your hair will be smooth if you have undamaged hair shafts. Healthy hair provide you silky smooth texture
- Elasticity: Healthy hair will stretch like a rubber band and they will be elastic in nature
- Healthy scalp: A clear scalp with no dandruff is best for the growth of healthy hair
- Moisture: Healthy hair does not frizz up in humid conditions. On the other hand, damaged hair will stick out, even more, when damp
- Hair loss: Losing 50 to 100 hair strands everyday should not bother you, it is normal. Too much of hair fall leads to hair damage.
No matter how strong and beautiful your hair appear, proper hair care tips and advice are essential to maintain them.
Tips for hair care - Use healthy washing and styling habits:
1. Change your washing routine: Do you wash your hair daily? If yes, this can really dry out them. Regular shampooing washes away natural oils from the scalp. Try this routine to maintain healthy hair:
- Wash hair two to three times a week: Giving breaks in washing hair will restore the balance. It might make them look oily for the first week, but soon your hair will look more healthy and vibrant than ever
- Wash with cold water: Washing hair with hot water is hard on them and leads to spilt ends and frizz. Always wash with cold water to get shiny and bouncy hair. This is one of the tested hair care tips of all times.
2. Handle gently: Hair is fragile and needs care like your silk clothes. Treat them carefully.
- After washing, gently pat it dry with a towel instead of wringing. Let them dry itself in air
- Use a wide toothed comb instead of hair brush to untangle hair as it may damage them.
3. Use heat styling devices carefully: Keep hair dryer, hot rollers, curling iron and straightener away unless you have a special occasion. Applying direct heat on hair may damage them and leave them dry. If it is required to use a hair dryer, then use it on the coolest setting.
4. Use home-made treatments: Use home-made treatments like egg yolk, olive oil, vinegar and plain curd hair masks. Using natural treatments is one of the best hair care tips for healthy and beautiful hair.
5. Hair care tips: Avoid damaging treatments and use healthy products.
6. Use natural hair-care products: Commercial hair care products promise great results but they often contain ingredients that can leave the hair dry and dull. Switch to the products made with natural herbs and oils to nourish hair.
- Most hair shampoos are made with strong chemicals called sulphates that strip natural oils from hair. So choose a natural shampoo made of natural products
- Choose conditioners made with aloe, shea butter, coconut oil and other pure products. This will add moisture to your hair and keep them healthy
- Avoid using styling products that contain a lot of chemicals.
7. Stay away from dyes and other treatments: Chemicals in hair treatments, dyes and bleach can damage hair if you use them too often.
8. Give hair oil treatments: To restore shine and hair softness, apply hair oil to the roots a couple of times in a week. Use oil instead of conditioners and give yourself a deep conditioning treatment as follows:
- Massage with olive or almond oil
- Cover the hair with plastic wrap or a shower cap
- Leave the oil in hair overnight or for 3 to 4 hours
- Rinse it out with cold water, then shampoo and condition as normal.
Hair care tips and advice:
1. Eat nutrients to nourish hair: A healthy and well-balanced diet with plenty of vitamins, proteins, minerals, iron and omega-3 fatty acids will help the hair stay as healthy as possible.
- Vitamin B maintains hair growth and makes them thick and strong. Eat plenty of nuts, vegetables and fruits to get enough vitamin B for hair
- Avocados, walnut and salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that make the hair look shiny
- Take foods rich in Vitamin C for healthy and strong hair
- Eat chicken, pork, fish and green leafy vegetables to get enough protein and iron for hair
- Tips for hair care often suggest the use of supplements to diet to gain great hair, skin and nails.
2. Protecting the hair: Just as you protect your skin from the sun, the wind and cold temperatures; you need to protect your hair too. If you don't protect, they may become brittle with time.
- Wear a hat or scarf while moving out in sun
- Don't go outside with wet hair during winters as it may freeze them and make brittle too
- Best hair care tips suggested by experts always include protecting them from chemicals. Wear a shower cap while swimming to avoid damage to hair from chlorine.
3. Get hair trimmed time to time: Go to a salon regularly and trim hair to avoid split ends. With this, hair will be less likely to break and will look healthy and beautiful. Trimming also encourages hair growth. If you don't trim them regularly, it may result in creeping down to the hair shaft.
4. Get enough sleep and reduce stress level: If you have stress in your life and don't sleep for 7 to 8 hours, your hair will appear unhealthy. Try to manage stress levels to get healthy and shiny hair. Take enough sleep and follow these ways to reduce stress levels. Some more hair care advice and tips for you.
- Try meditation, yoga and breathing exercises
- Take up a hobby such as dancing, gardening, painting, singing and playing in your daily routine.
Eat healthily and follow above tips for hair care to get healthier and beautiful hair.