Hair problems are very common these days among women, and everyone wants silky smooth, long, thick and lustrous hair. Beauty products available in markets often contain chemicals that may harm hair in a long run. Instead of applying harsh chemicals, let's turn to natural and homemade hair care tips to make your hair grow longer and faster. Hair care requires proper hygiene, well balanced diet, cleaning, moisturising and conditioning. Avoid using styling products and nourish with gentle conditioners to get healthier hair.
Top 5 common hair problems and hair care tips to promote faster hair growth:
Maintaining and caring for hair is a daunting task for most of us, but if we identify basic problems of our tresses then it becomes easy to protect them from damages.
1. Split ends: This is the most common hair problem among women with longer hair. Split ends occur when hair strips off the protective cuticle. As it grows, the natural oils of the hair fail to reach at the end which results in dry hair. Hair exposed to styling products and treatments are prone to splitting and brittleness problems. Regular trimming of hair every 6 to 8 weeks is must keep them free from split-end problems.Breakage/ hair fall: A person loses 80 to 100 hairs every day, which is quite normal. But sometimes the problem may aggravate due to reasons like a reaction to chemicals, hormonal changes and excessive use of heat and styling products.
2. Dandruff: This is one of the most common scalp problems that the majority of women suffers from and could be resolved implementing simple dry hair care tips at home. This is not a serious matter but is very irritating and disappointing. Poor hygiene, improper diet, dry skin, stress and excess use of hair products cause this problem.
3. Dull, oily/greasy hair: Oily hair problem is caused due to excessive production of waxy substance from the hair glands. This makes hair look dull, lifeless and limp. Oily hair is difficult to manage and in order to control this problem, use a mild shampoo and apply conditioners at least one inch away from the scalp. Use of mousse and gel is often discouraged by experts offering home hair care tips.
4.Frizzy hair: This problem is caused due to lack of moisture in hair. A lot of women suffer from unmanageable frizzy hair. Washing hair too often using harsh chemicals, poor diet and stress are the main causes of this problem. To retain moisture, use a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner. Try to use home hair care tips for deep conditioning and limit the use of hair styling products.
Home remedies tips for faster hair growth:
- Coconut Oil: The wonders of coconut oil are never ending. This is great for penetrating deep in the hair shaft. Take a tablespoon of coconut oil and apply it to the ends of hair from roots. If you have got dry hair, keep the oil in scalp overnight and shower in morning. This is one of the best dry hair care tips at home. Do regular deep conditioning treatments to get rid of dry hair
- Banana and Olive oil: Not only can banana work its magic on your skin, but it is perfect for hair also. Mix a banana with 1 tbsp olive oil and mash it to make a puree. Massage this mixture into your scalp and hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse thoroughly with a mild shampoo
- Pumpkin and Honey treatment: Pumpkin has lots of amazing benefits and they are rich in Vitamin A, Zinc, Potassium and Vitamin C. Make a pumpkin puree and add honey to it. Apply this puree to the hair and scalp. Wrap your hair with a shower cap to keep the mixture in its place. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse with a mild shampoo. You can apply this homemade treatment to your face also.
If you need a colour boost, use these home hair care tips:
- Cocoa Powder: Give a boost to the brown hair with cocoa powder. Combine cocoa powder, honey, yogurt, apple cider vinegar and apply it to hair. Try this homemade hair tip for a deeper and rich brown colour
- Lemon and Chamomile: To warm up blonde hair, try lemon and chamomile tea. Pour a cup of cooled tea and lemon over clean and wet hair. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and then rinse. This will result in bright and shiny hair
- Henna: Henna has been used as the best colouring agent for centuries. Mix it with indigo for better results. Mix indigo and henna in warm water and leave it for some time. Apply this mixture to hair and leave for an hour wrapped with a shower cap. Rinse well and shampoo. This is one of the homemade hair care tips that anyone could follow at home.
Hair care tips home remedies for dull and frizzy hair
- Sugar water: Mix a teaspoon of sugar with a cup of water and then apply it with hands over dry hair. Your hair will get a bit of crunch and hold as you had made a homemade hairspray for dry hair
- Aspirin: Crush aspirin in your regular shampoo and lather up. This will remove buildup and restore shine to your hair. Apply this every two weeks. You can also try baking soda instead of aspirin
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is the secret to smooth and shiny hair. Combine a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1/2 cup of water. Pour it on damp hair. You can add a few drops of oil to it if the smell is too much. Comb the hair and let this mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Then rinse. This will make your hair flat and shiny.
Try any of these homemade hair care tips and get smooth, silky and shiny hair. Apart from these tips, maintain a healthy diet, use a mild shampoo and deep conditioning are must. These tips will maintain the health of your hair. Make sure you drink lots of water to stay hydrated from inside. Eat plenty of fruits and green leafy vegetables as it will really make your hair look healthier than ever. Last but not the least, avoid stress and exercise regularly. Follow the above hair care tips home remedies to flaunt healthy, lengthy and bulkier hair.